3D-Printed 1/12th Scale Pan Car
I accidently bought a 1/12th scale RC body: http://www.killerbodyrc.com/page/products.aspx?cid=12&sid=28 I really dig the Martini Racing design. Did I mention I also own two Lancia Delta HF Integrale in Martini Racing trim (sadly, only in 1/10th scale :) )? They are so gorgeous (don't let my girlfriend know...). Anyhow. I have various 1/10th scale chassis, but the really cool LC2 body won't fit 'em. I thought about converting a Tamiya F-10x, but then I decided to go for a newly built (printed) chassis - I always wanted to print a RC car.
- Luckily Daniel Norée did some awesome work on designing a 1/10th scale F1 car. I decided to use it as a starting point for my project.
- I needed to adapt it to the body size (170mm width, 235mm wheelbase)
- I wanted to use standard 1/12th scale wheels, since I didn't want to print them for various reasons
The Building Instructions
- First, print all the parts
- Get all the screws and nuts needed:
- Get all the ball bearings needed:
- 4 * 3x8x4 (front wheel hubs)
- 2 * 12x18x4 (rear axle)
- Building thread: https://www.rockcrawler.de/index.php/Thread/34128-Baubericht-1-12-Pan-Car-auf-Basis-von-OpenRC-F1/
- The original creator Daniel Norée's site: http://danielnoree.com
- Somehow totally not useful link: http://www.wurst-wasser.net/rc-forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=106